Saturday, October 2

My First Quilt!


Well I did it... my first quilt! I've had the pattern for several years.. it's called "Slim Pickins" by Primitive Pieces by Lynda. I only had to buy 5 fat quarters to do this whole quilt... that's how much fabric I have been hoarding over the years! It took me almost exactly two months, start to finish. I did the blocks and all the hand applique while at the shop, and finished the borders at home. The leaves, stars and berries are all done in wool, and the overall size is about twin size. When I took the picture, I think I had too much flash... the picture looks really light... even my wall color is washed out. In real life it does not look light like that... it is primitive and dark.

I'm already on to my next project - an "Orange Peel" quilt from the book Remembering Adelia. I am hooked, for sure!!

Don't forget about our new hours... closed Sundays and Monday... starting Oct 11! Have a great weekend all!