Saturday, January 9

Happy New Year!!



Oh I just have to laugh at myself... I haven't posted to my blog since the middle of November. That is just so silly! We've all been busy but for Heaven's sake..

Well Happy New Year all! I hope you had a wonderful Holiday season and that 2010 finds you well. Don't we all remember the "crisis" of Y2K? Hard to believe that was TEN YEARS ago. We went to ridiculous lengths to prepare the workplace for the "big crash" that was sure to happen.. each supervisor had phone calling lists in case the "worst" happened, things were backed up and saved and re-saved... and then NOTHING! My boss and I became fond of saying "There's always Y3K to worry about next" :>)

In 10 short days I am Philadelphia bound! I am so excited to go to the big wholesale market I can hardly stand it! I have such wonderful visions of what I will find.. I am armed with my notebook to record ideas in each night. The show is partially "Cash and Carry" but the "Carry" part of that equation is a little challenging when you live thousands of miles away. The airlines new rules about luggage dont make it any easier. So I will likely do mostly ordering and we can look forward to new goodies in February.

Last Sunday my BF helped me re-do the entire shop and strip down all the Christmas. WOW that is a chore. We moved everything over to the clearance area and you can imagine how much cleaning was needed from all those glittery, flakey things... not to mention the metal "glitter" that invariably falls off the bottlebrush trees. The challenge for the rest of that day was moving things around to make it look different, and then filling in all the holes left by Christmas. I think we pulled it off! It is so refreshing to look at different displays.

I've snapped a few pictures... and promise to tell you all about the big show when I get back! Ta-Ta for now!!