Friday, January 22

Well I have to say... this has been a MOST overwhelming trip! I arrived in Pennsylvania at about 5:00pm on Weds and have been immersed in primitive country ever since. WOW. Here are a few highlights so far:

  • While waiting for my van shuttle, I bumped into Kathy and Sharon from my favorite store of all time... The Country Loft!! Who would have thought that an Oregonian would see people she knows from San Diego in Philadelphia! Of course I figured they would be coming to PA for the Market, I never dreamed we'd share a van ride from the airport! That was very cool....
  • I have filled an entire suitcase full of "Cash & Carry" items... oh if I only had a truck and trailer, I could have spent a mint!!
  • I met Irvin Hoover, of Irvin's Country Tinware!!
  • I have placed TONS of orders for wonderful new goodies.. many "Made in America"
  • I am heading over to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner! (or is it lunch... I am still on West Coast time...)

That's all I have to share right now... I am still trying to soak it all in and get my game plan for some ordering tomorrow. The show ends at 3pm tomorrow and I am transferring hotels right afterward, so I am across the street from the airport (currently 30 mins away). I'll probably blog more tomorrow evening!