Friday, March 26

Gratitude

Just wanted to take a break from my typical Blog posts and write about gratitude. That is, MY gratitude for the wonderful customers I have!! When I think about the success of Buttermilk Junction, I am blown away that we've continued to grow each year the shop has been in existence.

For those of you who don't know, I have wanted to own a country shop since I "found" country decorating in the eighties. In November 2005, my husband Lee and I rented the tiniest storefront we could find in Junction City and started setting up shop. If that space was 200 square feet I'd be surprised. Even though we knew it could never be our permanent home, we had to "test the waters" before jumping in any further. In April 2006, we moved to a 1000 square foot shop nearby and enjoyed that space until the summer of 2007. Due to issues with building management and a flood caused by an upstairs renter, we started looking for a new space for Buttermilk Junction. On Sept 1st 2007 we opened in a neat shop 3 blocks away. I thoroughly enjoyed that location for the two years we were there, even though parking was a huge problem as well as a few other issues. At the end of August 2009, I began packing up once again and moved over to Ivy St. to share space with our local quilt shop, Thimbles & Threads. That was 7 months ago and I haven't looked back since. Not only did my wonderful customers support the move, we've made many more country-lovin' friends since then and the past 7 months have exceeded my hopes. All this to say that without you, there wouldn't be a Buttermilk.

We are not rich by any stretch of the imagination... my husband and I BOTH need to contribute to our finances to pay the mortgage, car payment, etc. I always had a corporate paycheck and when I lost my full-time job to overseas outsourcing in 2008, I was not sure what to expect. But God is so good! And I thank the good Lord every day that I get to do what I love (DECORATE) and be my own boss. It's hard work but very rewarding and I look forward to whatever the future holds. When you come in and say Buttermilk Junction is your favorite store, or you'd rather shop there than anyplace else, I am truly honored. Thank you for your friendship and your support!!!